Terms and Conditions
Terms of Website Use
Information about us
- school-zone.co.uk is a site operated by School Zone Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03499664 and have our registered office at Priory House Pilgrims Court, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3RX. Our main trading address is School Zone, Bentalls Department Store, Wood Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey KT1 1TX. Our VAT number is 689 2937 64.
Use of this website
- There are other terms that may apply to you:
Changes to these terms and our site
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We may update and change our site from time to time.
- Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business or operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of sale.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law and Jurisdiction
- To contact us, please submit a form on the Contact Us page
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether via this site, in store or at any other location (for example at school sales).
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order. They tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Information about us
- We are School Zone Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03499664 and have our registered office at 269 Farnborough Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7LY. Our main trading address is School Zone, Bentalls Department Store, Wood Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey KT1 1TX. Our VAT number is 689 2937 64.
- You can contact us by telephoning the store on 0208 541 6790 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided us in your order.
Our contract with you
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing.
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slights from those images.
- All products are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the products that you have ordered are not available. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you as soon as reasonably possible.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of the products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto our system. However, if we discover an error in the price of a product you ordered, we will attempt to inform you of this error and give you the option of continuing to purchase the products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details provided in the ordering process we will treat the contract as cancelled and will notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by you as mispricing, we do not have to provide the products at the incorrect price.
Providing the products
- The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our site.
- We will deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event withint 30 days after the day on which we accept your order.
- If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
- You own the products once we have received payment in full.
- We accept payment by credit and debit cards and are using the SagePay to process card payments. You must pay for the products before we despatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we are ready to despatch the products to you.
- Payments are taken through SagePay who is a payment service provider. They are the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland. Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is SagePay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure
- SagePay uses a range of secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
- SagePay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
- SagePay is a member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global
- In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
- More information about shopping securely with SagePay can be found at sagepay.com/shoppers
- If you think an invoice is incorrect then please contact us promptly to let us know.
Your right to cancel the contract
- You have a legal right to cancel a contract (under The Consumer Rights Act 2015). Please see our Delivery and Return policy for more information.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the contract.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; breach of your legal rights in relation to the products.
- We are not liable for any business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to your for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, any indirect or consequential loss.
- The contract is personal to you and you may not transfer your rights and obligations under it or these terms and conditions to another person without our prior written consent.
- The contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs under these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court of relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. This means that the contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you are a consumer and resident in either Northern Ireland or Scotland, in which case you may also bring proceedings in those countries).